T R O O P 109
YOUTH LEADERSHIP // LIFE SKILLS // ADVENTURE
- May 1st – Summer Camp RSVP deadline via Scoutbook! Scouts please RSVP to participate. Adult leaders please RSVP by emailing Rebecca at email@example.com dates you are able to volunteer. We need a minimum of 2 adult leaders for overnight camping. As well as any leaders willing to run merit badge and rank advancement activities. Volunteer for the week, or just a day!
- May 1st – Leadership prep for build – Leadership volunteer to prep for Kayak build. We need adult volunteers to help prep for Kayak build. Inventory, cutting, etc. Older scouts that have built Kayaks previously welcome to volunteer for prep.
- May 3rd – Pack 109 Crossover – Pack 109 to Troop 109 Crossover at the bridge at Depot Park in Bonita. Help us in welcoming to the troop:
- May 8th – Day 1 of kayak build – Kayak build with Scouts begin! If you need to build a Kayak for the Kayak Relay Race, meet at the Scout Hut at 9 am to start your build.
- May 15th – Swim Tests -Swim tests for rank advancement, summer camp prep and merit badge requirements will be conducted at Spanish Gardens. Please RSVP if you will attend for your swim test certification. If you have rank requirements or merit badge requirements to complete that can be done at this time, please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate what advancement you need to work on.
- May 22nd – Day 2 of kayak build
- May 22nd – Bonita Bike Safety Event running Hot Dog stand – if you are not apart of the kayak build we have been asked by The City of Bonita and Image Marketing to run a hotdog stand for an event they are hosting. This will count for service hours, providing some grub, patriotism, and recruiting is welcome.
- May 31st – Memorial Day – 8:30 am. We are the Color Guard, not just the Pledge. We could use a bugler for reveille!
- April 5th – We had a Court of Honor and FOS presentation. Congratulations Cole on Second Class rank and Troy on Tenderfoot Rank!
- April 10th – Scouts and Leaders volunteered to organize and clean the Troop Hut and prep for the Pioneer Rendezvous. There was also an advancement training for any Scouts working towards Tenderfoot. So much was organized and cleaned! Advancement progress went great! Thank you to everyone!
- April 16th-18th – Pioneer Rendezvous – Pioneer Rendezvous was a lot of fun! Made some Kettle Corn. Played hoop rolling and tug of war! Looking forward to Alafia next year!
Upcoming activities to keep a look out for! Dates, times and locations are subject to change. For up-to-date calendar of events make sure your email is current in SCOUTBOOK!
- June 12th – Kayak Relay Race
- June 14th – Flag Day – TBD
- July 5th – July 9th – Local Summer Camp
- January 12th – January 23rd, – Alafia River Rendezvous
- April 22nd – April 24th – University of Scouting Arts Adult Leadership Training
University of Scouting Arts
Committee Member Christine Raymer, Scoutmaster Tony Raye, Assistant Scoutmaster Jon Deering and Committee Member Rebecca Jaen attending University of Scouting Arts adult leadership training April 23rd -25th!
Every year the Southwest Florida Council brings together the BEST Scouting volunteers to share their experience and knowledge with you at USA. Activities include instruction, education, networking, and fellowship!
As apart of the process to earn their USA Doctorate Degree, Tony, Christine and Jon will be rebuilding the Cub Camp Amphitheatre. Keep an eye out for dates to volunteer to help!
Adult leaders, mark your calendars for April 22nd – 24th, 2022 to attend at beautiful Camp Miles and learn from the BEST how to have the BEST program possible for your youth.