T R O O P 109
YOUTH LEADERSHIP // LIFE SKILLS // ADVENTURE
- October 2nd – Summer Camp Trade Show at Camp Miles
- October 9th – Scoutbook training for parents and leaders.
- October 15th -17th – Panther Key campout
- September 6th – Canoe Training was a lot of fun and the Scouts learned some awesome survival skills!
- September 13th – Court of Honor – Congratulations Ennis, Andon and Brent on achieving your next rank! Keep up the great work!
- September 24th-26th – Caloosahatchee Campout was muddy and hot. It rained enough to test out the new tents. Scoutmaster Tony slept in the trailer, but the new tents held up perfectly!
Upcoming activities to keep a look out for! Dates, times and locations are subject to change. For up-to-date calendar of events make sure your email is current in SCOUTBOOK!
- November 19th – 21st – Myakka games and advancement campout
- December 26th-30th, 2021 – Winter Camp – Only if you Register as Provo. Not attending as a Troop.
- January 12th – 23rd, 2022 – Alafia River Rendezvous
- April 1st – 3rd, 2022 – Pioneer Rendezvous
- April 22nd – 24th, 2022 – University of Scouting Arts Adult Leadership Training
Start planning to attend NYLT. National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide next level leadership skills and experience to youth who have already demonstrated leadership in their unit. This course is the highest level of training offered to youth by a council.
Participants must be at least 13 AND have completed the online course: Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST)
Registration deadline: December 9, 2021 or when event is full.
- January 8th, 2022 – Orientation
- January 14th – 16th, 2022 – NYLT weekend #1
- February 18th – 20th, 2022 – NYLT weekend #2
Scouts are relied upon to care for their own gear. Being a primarily backpacking troop we have picked a backpacking tent for the scouts. To maintain uniformity scouts are required to use the Naturehike Cloud-Up 2 Person Lightweight Backpacking Waterproof Tent. Troop 109 has ordered enough tents to outfit current Troop 109 scouts. Scouts that attended the Caloosahatchee campout were given their new tents. This is your own PERSONAL tent so take good care of it!
Rank & Merit Badge Advancement
I am offering my time as a Merit Badge Counselor and as a registered leader of Troop 109 to help scouts with their Rank Advancement and Merit Badge requirements. On Monday nights, during Troop and Patrol meetings I will bring my laptop and work one-on-one with you. We will log into Scoutbook.org and navigate requirements, submit what we can and work on a plan of action for others.
I can work with one Scout per meeting. You will miss the activities being conducted by your patrol and SPL, so make sure it’s not something you want to miss out on!
If you are not already registered with Scoutbook.org please bring your parent to the start of the meeting to help get you setup and logged in.
You can also contact me to schedule a meet time and location at firstname.lastname@example.org if during a meeting is not convenient or available. Always CC your parents when emailing a leader.