T R O O P 109
YOUTH LEADERSHIP // LIFE SKILLS // ADVENTURE
- Multiple – Camp Card Sales
- April 1st – 3rd, 2022 – Pioneer Rendezvous
- April 4th & 6th, 2022 – Space Exploration Rockets
- April 9th – Leitner Creek Cleanup
- April 11th – Flag Retirement Ceremony
- April 13th – Pack 109 Flag Retirement Ceremony
- April 18th – Easter Celebration Monday
- April 22nd – 24th, 2022 – University of Scouting Arts Adult Leadership Training
- Every Saturday – Lions Club Pancake Breakfast. Thank you everyone for doing your part!
- March 3rd – Leader Recognition Dinner saw Troop 109 awarded the JTE Certificate of Achievement and David Schmitt was recognized for his service to Troop 109 and Scouts BSA. We appreciate all our leaders hard work, time and dedication to Scouts and the Troop. Thank You!!!
- March 18th – 20th, 2022 – Smugglers Run was cancelled due to Spring Break Conflicts.
- March 5th – 12th, 2022 – Mr. Mark Cecil coordinated a fundraising activity for leaders to help the Everglades Challenge participants while generating funds for Troop 109. Thank you Mr. Cecil for supporting Troop 109!
- March 18th, 2022 – Camp card sales kicked off with Dean & Lukas. Get scheduled for your sale dates to fundraise for your activities and camp.
Upcoming activities to keep a look out for! Dates, times and locations are subject to change. For up-to-date calendar of events make sure your email is current in SCOUTBOOK!
- Every Saturday – Lions Club Pancake Breakfast
- May 5th & 7th – Kayaking Merit Badge.
- May 13th – 15th – Camp Cocohatchee Campout
- June 3rd-5th – Pre-Summer Camp Check In Campout
- June 13th – Court of Honor
- June 26th – July 2nd, 2022 – Summer Camp at Woodruff in North Georgia
Each Scout should have received a package from Ms. Langhans for Camp Cards. Each Scout will be required to sell a minimum of FIVE camp cards for $10 each. $5.00 goes to Council and $5.00 will go into your Scout account. You can purchase the cards yourself and send the cards as gifts!
Sign up for Camp Card Sale dates: https://signup.com/go/RPxShkp
UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING ARTS
LEADERS!!! Get ready for comradery and education!!!
Adult leaders, mark your calendars for April 22nd – 24th, 2022 to attend at beautiful Camp Miles and learn from the BEST how to have the BEST program possible for your youth.
Every year the Southwest Florida Council brings together the BEST Scouting volunteers to share their experience and knowledge with you at USA. Activities include instruction, education, networking, and fellowship!
This is a great opportunity for NEW leaders and Seasoned leaders to learn from other scout leaders in the SWFL area.
SUMMER CAMP 2022
- 6/5/22 – Medical Forms & Swim Tests DUE. Make sure your Medical Forms A, B & C are up-to-date with a completed date of no earlier than 8/1/21.
- 6/24/22 – Have your gear packed and dropped off at the Scout Hut by Friday evening 6:00pm – more details to come.
- 6/25/22 – Arrive at the Scout Hut by 7:30 am for an 8:00 am departure already eaten breakfast and with a bagged lunch. The Scouts will be staying overnight at Robins Air Force Base. Robins AFB is 16 miles south of Macon, GA. Estimated arrival by 5:00 pm.
- 6/26/22 – Scouts will arrive at Woodruff Scout Camp by 3:00 pm.
- 7/2/22 – Scouts will leave Woodruff camp by 9:00 am and will be staying overnight at Robins Air Force Base. Estimated arrival by 3:00 pm.
- 7/3/22 – Scouts will arrive in Bonita Springs at the Scout Hut. Estimated arrival by 6:00 pm. Leaders will be in contact with parents on the day of to confirm ETA. Please plan to arrive on time, scouts will need to help unload the trailer of gear.
Camp Fee: $372.50
Transportation & Meals: Approximately $390.00
Additional fees (Merit badges and extra activities): TBD
Camp Fee Schedule:
-November 1, 2021 – 1st Payment – $20.00
-February 1, 2022 – 2nd Payment – $250.00
-May 1, 2022 – 3rd Payment – $250.00
-June 10, 2022 – Final Payment – TBD
If you have not paid towards your camp dues, please reach out to Mr. Rodney Kliever to remit payment. If you need fundraising to pay for Summer Camp, please sign up for Camp Card Sales. We are working on more fundraising opportunities.